If you could invite three historical religious figures to dinner....

who would yo invite, how do you think they would respond to each other, and what would you want to ask each of them?

lawmom623

Asked by lawmom623 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would definitely invite the Buddha and Jesus Christ. I think they would have a lot in common, and I would ask them to compare and contrast their beliefs in heaven, suffering, and salvation.

For the third...I've thought about the Apostle Paul, since he and Jesus never had a chance to meet, and I've thought about Lao Tzu...but I think Taoism is more a belief system than a religion.

I think I would ask Mary Magdalene. The church turned her into a prostitute for so many years...I want to know why, what kind of influence did she have over Christ?

Finally, I would want to ask them all their opinions of what their respective belief systems have become, and how we might heal our world.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would invite Jesue, Dr. Martin Luthur King Jr., and Pope John Paul (sorry I forget his number). I think we'd have a great time. Who knows, maybe we could solve some of the issues in the world.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Eliyahu ha-Navi. I would want to ask him why he was the way he was.

And I don't need no more people at my table.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 11:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• That's hard lol

Well Jesus for sure. Mary. The last one is hard - either Amy Carmichael, Elisabeth Elliot or Florence Nightingale.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My husband and I own a business. When we hire, he always asks what one person, dead or alive, would you like to meet, and what would you ask. I keep telling him that one's too hard for a job interview, but he won't take it off the list!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

I'm ashamed that I had to look that one up, but Wow!  What a great choice!

lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I would have Mother Theresea, Jesus and either Ghandi or Mary- I would just love to sit in on a mother son convo like that and Mother T ROCKS!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 12:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have always thought it sad that Mother T and Princess Di died so closely together so that Princess Di's death and funeral overshadowed Mother T's. then again, I think that's how Mother T would have wanted it.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Jesus, Hitler and Moses. Cause the conversation would be VERY interestying I think!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• vbruno: Jesus, Hitler and Moses. Cause the conversation would be VERY interestying I think!

Oy! I'm hiding when that one happens, 'cause someone's gonna part something, and it's not gonna be pretty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 18, 2008