sleep problems with both kids!

We kind of co-sleep... they start in their beds and work there way into ours. I love co-sleeping, my husband on the other hand does not. Well, our problem lately is that my 6 month old has been waking up my 2 year old. So, there have been several times where they would both wake up upset, and my husband gets really frustrated with crying babies.... especially when they are both wanting me. So.... what are your suggestions to help our sleeping problems. I would just let them stay in our bed, but my husband doesn't like that and has no clue what would be a better way to handle the situation.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• There's a great article on drjaygordon.com on transitioning fromt he family bed. Also check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution."

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well, the baby can't really be expected to sleep all night yet anyway. So...if the baby is hungry or something take care of the needs and put him/her back to bed.

The TODDLER however...unless you plan on continuing allowing him/her to sleep in your bed (and alienating your own husband) then just put him/her back in to bed, soothe and say good night.

Is it possible to put the baby's bed in your room? That way it's close by, but not in your (and your husband's) bed.

I understand your desire to cosleep...but you really need to consider your husband's feelings in all of this. A decision needs to be made...either you continue to cosleep or they go (and stay) in their own beds. Stick to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• the problem is that we live in a one bedroom house, no crib for the baby or any room for one, but we have a toddler bed. Our youngest was in the bassinet but now he's getting too big for it. So... I think we are kind of forced to cosleep unless anyone knows any other way. I was doing dr.jaygordan's method and the no cry sleep solution.... but nowq with two kids I'm in a dilemma.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009