I've done this 2 years in a row......is it tacky?

Last January I bought Christmas stuff for 90% off and saved it for this past Christmas, i.e. animated Christmas decorations like a sleigh with elves singing(I took the batteries out so they wouldn't get icky over the summer and packed them away safely), I bought tree decorations to put on gifts and wrapping paper, bags, cute things that will keep over the next year. I even got cans of candy cane almond roca that will expire May/2010, I bought Initialized things in the hope that over the year I will meet someone with the same initial/s to give to them at Christmas. I am on such a budget I found it works out and makes it look like I saved for Christmas...is this tacky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do it every year! For every holiday! I have tons of holiday decorations and didn't pay full price for most of them. It's also the best time to buys toys... I put them away for next year, birthdays, other kids birthdays that 'pop up' when we have no money.... I don't see why anyone would think it's strange!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 2:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• no a lot of people do that
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No it's smart why pay full price for stuff
    FRANCINE818

Answer by FRANCINE818 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thank you! I bought the most beautiful cardboard gift boxes that I would have bought for $12.99 back when I was young and dumb, tonight I paid $1.29! I asked this because when I mentioned it to a friend she looked at me like I was from another planet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• People that have a lot of money and who don' t have to bargain shop will think your weird...but not everyone is that lucky. That's how we get all our decorations for the next year!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I love to bargain shop! my mom and I go to the after Christmas sales every year! I got a "baby's first Christmas" stocking for my son (due in May) for $1, it was originally $9 and has a little hat with it, it's so cute!
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 2:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Not at all, my mom does it to (except for buying the candy.) THe sales on Christmas stuff can't be beat post CHristmas, and you can find some really cute things. My mom makes wreaths as CHristmas gifts, and will buy supplies for next years batch right after the holidays. And in this economy the more you save, the smarter you look, LOL.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• One friend said "I like buying my stuff during the season it's more fun"! WHatever! when I open those storage boxes in November to plan on who gets what, I feel like I am shopping all over again! and I didn't have to fight the traffic or lines, whew you girls are making me feel better. ok another example, my good neighbor is pregnant and while I am excited, I know I will still have money problems in Dec. I found the cutest hats for a baby that say My 1st Christmas in pink and blue, originally $9.99, I got each for 99 cents! Either way I know I can donate the other or even give to a new friend. (I work at a place that I always run into someone who needs something).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Last year I bought a 600.00 prelit fake tree for 125.00 I got it at Lowes. I kept it in the box and set it up this year. Let me tell you what a beautiful tree. I couldn't be happier. I'm so sick of buying real trees, every year they jack the price up. Its not tacky, its savvy.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009