has anybody gotten a full body massage by a professional while pregnant or after the baby???

OH BOY IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF ONE LOL
BF DOESNT GIVE ME ONE! =/
SO I WANT ONE REALLY BAD BY A PROFESSIONAL =)

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't reccomend it while pregnant. There are certain areas that can actually trigger contractions. Unless the person you see is trained in prenatal massage (which does exist) its best to hold off until after the baby is born. If you do go to a prenatal masseuse, make sure they have the correct chairs for it (no lying on stomach or on your back.) The chairs are designed for a pregnant woman. Your OB can reccomend a good massage therapist for you.
    Post baby I'd wait for a week or two to just let your body recover. Its also best to ask your doctor when you can have one. He/she will probably be in support of it because it will relax tense muscles and ease new mom stress. And when you are relaxed, you are a better mom!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009