Can I get pregnant after a tubligation?

I got my tubes tied after I had my daughter in October and since then i haven't got my period and I'm starting to feel sick alot almost everyday and I haven't took a pregnancy test so I'm just wondering can you really get pregnant after getting a tubligation

KLAZZYREDD

Asked by KLAZZYREDD at 2:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes.. my child development teacher in high school had her tubes tied and ended up getting preggers.. you should have your husband get cut its more affective.. you mite wanna take a test cuz it sounds like you are..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 2:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• well its always possible. and the doctors probably told you to wait with unportected sex for a while after you got your tubes tied. Depends on the method they used though. But still, yes you could be.. only a test will tell you. I dont really like the first answer: "you should have your husband get cut its more affective"..

because SHE can have her tubes untied (again, depends on which method was used). His is permanent. Its easier for a woman.

But anyway. I wish you good luck.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It is rare, but possible to conceive after a tubal ligation.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It is possible, but rare as mentioned above.

As for a vasectomy being permanent...yes it's considered to be. But then so is a tubal. BOTH can be reversed later, and BOTH are iffy for the reversal to work.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

•  I have NEVER heard of this and I researched it  thoroughly before my tubal.Sorry but I think  these women are misinformed. They should NOT be answering posts as important as this one without knowing the right answers. They are NOT Doctors!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes it can happen very rare thought your best bet is too call your doctor and get checked out nothing is 100%
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2009