• In the Spotlight:

teething question

my daugther is 5 months and just got her first tooth yesterday...only a piece of it was poking through and it was sharp. im 100% sure that its a tooth but this morning when she woke up i checked to see if the tooth came out anymore and couldnt feel the tooth at all....it feels swollen right on the gums where the tooth was breaking through....i guess my question is has any one ever had this happen to there son or daughter?

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 6:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If only a little, little bit was poking through then it is possible that the gum swelled up around it. I am sure it will be visible again real soon. It takes a long time for the tooth to come in fully. I ahve been patiently waiting over a week on one and seems to not have moved at all - ugh!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes. teeth will go in and out sometimes as they first come in... actually it is more the gum swelling up from the trauma, but it looks as if the tooth is receding. Shouldn't be a big deal. And what is a male dr doing on CafeMom answering questions?? I have yet to meet a WOMAN named Ricardo. AND he is hawking a product!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• HAH, he is gone already! Thanks CM TEAM!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009