What would you do?

What would you do if you were notified by the principal that your 10 you daughter was coerced by a 9 yo boy to show him her breasts and she did on 2 different occasions? It happened on their bus

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• First I would talk to my DD and see why she did this. Then I would talk to her about why she should not be doing this and see if she understands why. See if she can explain to you why she should not do this.

IMO I would not ground her or yell at her to much. If you yell at her and are just mad then she may not understand or come to you with other things.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would talk to my daughter and let her know that what she did wasn't proper and she shouldn't do things just because other people want her to.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes talk to your daughter, but what about the boy?
    coerced is just a fancy for forced! he needs consequences now! have you talked to the boys mother? asked the the boy be removed from the bus? removed HER from the bus? yes she needs an explaination of why this was wrong, but she needs protection from this more! i don't see how any blame lies with your daughter in this situation! the blame lies solely on the sholders of the boy who coreced her into doing these things!!!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• This actually happened to my daughter in KINDERGARTEN!! The boy had been telling her for months that he was going to kill her and her mom. You need to find out HOW exactly did he talked her into doing this. There may be threats involved.
    jeepersscoobie

Answer by jeepersscoobie at 8:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• lock her in her room until she's 18 and call his parents!!
    abearshug

Answer by abearshug at 9:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If the school called you, I imagine the boy has been dealt with by the school and they notified his family. My concern would be my daughter...and what she thinks of the whole thing. Was she traumatized by it? Did she think it was funny...? Whatever she is thinking...I would deal with that! No, she shouldn't be punished, I think a serious talk about this would be enough, especially if she was "coerced". During the conversations with her, I would assess whether I thought this is a situation that needs to be addressed further through counseling or further education on the subject. This is not a discipline issue--but it is important to see what she is thinking and make sure she comes to terms with the whole thing in a healthy way.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2009