what kind of toys would u get for a 2 month old?

my two month old daughter is starting to get interested in grabbing and holding things so what i was wondering was what kind of toys should i get her? ive heard of toys that were too loud and stuff is that true? thanks in advance

iloveshealyn

Asked by iloveshealyn at 8:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my my daughter was that young i got her teething rings, raddles, stuffed toys, they also make unbreakable little mirrors for babys to play with thats also in radle form which is awsome for the baby to look at its self and giggle... oh and the big rubber ducks are awsome for little ones to , :) not sure if that helped @ all but i hope so...
    misskitty1987

Answer by misskitty1987 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Soft rattles are really great. My daughter started getting interested in her rattles and things at about 2 months but didn't learn how to hold and shake the til 3 months. At Wal Mart (at least the ones around here) they have cute soft rattles that are small enough for a really young baby to grab. Also, those play mats could come in handy and a bouncer, if you don't have one, that has toys on it. My daughter has the Fisher Price Rainforest one and you can turn it on to play music and light up continuously or only when baby smacks the toys and she loves it. You might have to experiment a little with different toys to see what your baby likes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son loves his links. They are plastic loops that link together. Some of them come in different shapes and they have different textures. You can make long chains, short chains, or she can hold on to just one. They are great for the car seat or anywhere else. They're easy to grab and easy to clean. We love them!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We had soft rattles as well, her bouncer with toys that came with it in front of her, glow worm, soft keys, mobile, and things like that. I also had that aquarium that went on the side of her crib and she liked that.

Answer by gemgem at 8:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Both of my sons had the soft rattles that velcroed (sp) around their wrists. That way they could shake and hear the sounds.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• rattles (even putting beans in a soda bottle and glueing the lid on works)
    stuffed animals (not huge ones)
    plastic links (these come in a variety of shapes)
    mirrors
    playmats
    bouncers
    cloth books
    toy keys (those plasic ones)
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 10:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My lifesaver at that point in my son's life was his floormat. We first used a rather basic one that we had gotten for my baby shower, which included about three hanging toys and nothing more. Then we decided that it was worth the investment to get a Fisher Price musical mat with mirrors, dangling toys, bright colors, etc. It turned out to be the first thing that he ever had any interest in focusing on for more than 10 minutes (sometimes up to 30 mins while I was cleaning, etc.). It is also light and therefore great for portability!
    NikoletteAnna

Answer by NikoletteAnna at 7:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009