should i travel when im 36 weeks pregnant

ok im 36 weeks pregnant and feel alot of pressure lately from the baby i think they are called braxton hicks contractions we are traveling in a car is it safe?

sweetthinker

Asked by sweetthinker at 10:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Travel

• If you are already having signs i would say no. When you travel it puts pressure on you and could speed things up while you are gone. If it is not an emergency I would not go.
    tazzyt19

Answer by tazzyt19 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I know that my doc didn't want me traveling more than an hour away in case I went into labor. I would definately talk to my ob before taking a trip if I were you.
    proudmama2772

Answer by proudmama2772 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• When I was 37 wks I traveled from NC to Texas, but I got my Dr.'s permission to do so. He had me to check in every 3hrs with his office letting them know how I was doing. So I would suggest talking with your Dr first before going to get his/her advice on what to do.
    Anonymous

• It depends, is there a place that you want to have your baby? I fyou are wanting to have your baby where you are then you should stay there. Also ask your doctor.
    txnsweetheart88

Answer by txnsweetheart88 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2008