Tropic Thunder

Who here has seen the movie starring Ben Stiller? I couldn't get past the first minute because I thought it was disgusting and I felt they were mocking of what really did happen in Vietnam. So hubby is upstairs watching it and I am here asking.

This movie is listed under comedy but I really had no idea how it was going to be. It may be funny to some but I didn't take it that way.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• I just put it on the other night and honestly I fell asleep watching it. But I didn't find it offensive, I found it boring. The premise is that they are making a movie about what happened to a group of guys in VietNam and then they make fun of the ACTORS as well as the guy who wrote the book the movie is about......The characters do offensive things, but that is because the part of the character description would be "idiot". It has several layers....and I can see what they were trying to do, but like I said, I found it boring. In fact I couldn't understand some of the dialogue because of the fake accents. But I think it was satire....and not ignorantly offensive. Everything was intentional. For example, if you have a racist character, you might be making a point about racism, not promoting it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I didn't get offended about it, but I still didn't like it. Its not my flavor of comedy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009