Profession carpet cleaning vs do it youself

I've always cleaned my own carpets but they are stained with goodness knows what and I was thinking of calling in a professional. Do I have to move this furniture? I don't know what to do with it! I can't put it in another room since all the rooms need cleaning. I don't want it out side in the sand. I used to just clean around the furniture (yeah I know that is bad). What do you do?

shrinkydink68

Asked by shrinkydink68 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• take the drudgery out of it. pass out flyers saying free beer. guys will show up and move the furniture. women will show up and will challenge the men on who can clean carpets better. VOILA your problem is solved. While they work, you run and buy them some beer! Throw in some pretzels for fun!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2008

• Some places will move it for you for free, some will charge you. When you call for an estimate ask them if they will and if they charge for it. They will usually move it to a clean spot, clean under the old spot then move it back for you. I clean my own carpets, But I used to have an industrial cleaning service. I do a better job than anyone else can.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2008