do u think im pumping enough for her?

i went back to work i work from 12;30pm to 7;30 and i get 7 to 8 onces out between 2 breaks do u thihnk that is enough for her to eat the next day, she is 7 1/2 months..i think she should be eating more than that?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 8:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is the 7-8 ounces of formula supposed to last her the whole day or just while you are at work the next day? If you mean the whole day then that is not nearly enough for a 7 month old.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• SHE IS BREAST FEED AND I WAS WOUNDERING IF IT WAS ENOUGH FOR HER WHILE IM AT WORK I NURSE HER WHEN IM HOME
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It depends on how much she eats...if she runs out, at least she's over the age where they tell you not to give her anything but milk...maybe while you're working is a good time to offer her juice or water during the day so she gets the extra fluids too. Or, if it is possible, maybe leave so you get to work early enough to get a pump in before you have to clock in?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html

Here is an article that contains a milk calculator to help you determine how much pumped milk baby may need. Congratulations on doing such a great job!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I went back to work when my daughter was 3 months. I couldnt pump enought to last the whole day so she usually had one bottle of breast milk and then formula the rest of the day.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i would think that as long as you are feeding her before you leave and the nursing her as soon as you return, then that amount would be enough. check out that kellymom link, though, it will have great information.
    kudos to you on pumping after returning to work! i know it's not easy but your little one really benefits from it.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• When I'm away from my 7 month old at work, I pump about the same on my breaks. But I have to pump at home a lot too, because when I'm away from her for 8 hours, she eats 12 oz. At this age, she should be eating about 1.5 oz an hour.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 12:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009