Who LOVES where they live? Why? Where's the best place to raise kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't love the house I live in, we're just renting til we save up money. I love the location- in the country!! :) I think the country is the best place to raise kids. Room to play. You can buy "toys" for them (4wheelers, snowmobiles, dirt bikes) keep them having good clean fun!

krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I just moved to East Tn I like it here lots to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'm going to keep an eye on this post. I am not happy in Jersey, the only reasons why we are still here is because my husband has a really good (hopefully) secure job with the county and our families are here. Soon our relative will be spreading out so they won't really be a reason why we're here. But unless my husband gets laid off or retires early we're "stuck" in Jersey. I really want to move to the country....something fierce.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I absolutely love where I live. I'm a block away from the beach. There are boardwalks in either direction. The entire summer is taken care of. And I can't remember the last time I locked my door.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• SW FL here - love it.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I LOVE my modest 3 bedroom, 1 bath Rancher. I bought it with cash when I was 21 yrs old......the smartest thing I ever did in my life. I never realized how perfect of a house it was until I became a Wife and Mother. We have a full renovated basement which doubles our living space. We have close to 3 acres out in a rural area where the deer, turkeys, hawks, etc are everywhere 1/4 of a mile from the river and 4 miles from the Del Bay. The State Police Barracks is diagonal from my house and my town is literally from one blinking light to the next on one street. I love the Country Life and things are pretty good in Southern NJ.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I love my house its gorgeous, but I hate the south where we live its like you can be in a nice clean neighborhood one second and then the neighborhood adjacent to you is just a dump. The roads in the city are crap too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I love where we live! Lancaster Co., PA. There's the city of Lancaster and lots of small towns and rural communities and a thriving economy... at least for now. We are rural and have a house that we built on an acre of land (my in-laws live on an acre of lanf next door, so my kids have 2 acres to play on)... kids have lots of room to play and we have lots of room to grow a big garden.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I love where I live, Long Island, New York. I was born and raised here as well. My neighborhood is fun too. I have a few friends here and all our kids get along. I wouldn't want to move from here.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 9:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I live in the country in ne Ohio, which I love. I love the open spaces, lots of air, small school district where my kids are doing great! I also love my house. My husband was thinking of remodelling when we met, so the house got gutted and I got to choose all the stuff for it. The paint, the cupboards, the carpet, fixtures, dishwasher, everything! it's perfect!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 9:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2009