grown up bullies.

i have been having problems with the neighbors wich for some reason seems to be fanning out to other parts of the neighborhood.a lady who was my (bff)out of curiousity asked someone what what was going on...well this women lied and called me a liar.so be it but my daughter is starting to be hurt by this.this lady (the girl scout leader)is making meetings behind our back and keeping her daughter from playing with mine,but blaming it on me..basically there is a whole lot of caddiness going on.ever since she quit her full time job she has nothing better to do than get on the computer and do some bashing.my thing is i am not lying to anyone,but i seem to be the brunt of the neighbor hood gossip and the bashing seems to be getting more wide spread.i dont like everyone talking about me and my child.this is woman being bullies.and spreading the wealth.

blsource

Asked by blsource at 8:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't really know what to say, other than this woman should really know better. I'm sure it's difficult, because I don't like it when people say crap about me, BUT you need to just realize that this woman has nothing better to do and just let it go. Explain to your daughter that some people are just mean and to just help her try to ignore it. As for the people she is saying things to, approach them and just let them know that if they have any questions or comments that have anything to do with you, that you would appreciate it if they would come to you and not believe things that they may hear. DON'T talk nasty about this woman, it will just add fuel to the fire.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Report that... the girl scout thing... call the home office. She shouldn't be a scout leader if thats what shes doing. That's so wrong. Other the that I would do my best to ignore the rest... my favorite thing to say when I hear word of mouth gossip about myself or anybody is,"That's what she said? Really? That's nice."
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You can't control what other people do and/or say. Just live your life and enjoy it and your family. Look for other friendships and do your best to ignore the actions of these people. It could be that they are simply jealous of you for some reason. Whatever the reasons, if you have done nothing wrong, then you should not be bothered by them. Tell your daughter the same thing. Hold your head up high and roll on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The best thing to do is ignore this girl. If you let her know that this is bothering you, then its only going to get worse. Yes its sad that she's bring the kids into it. I would explain to your daughter that sometimes people do things to hurt others and sometimes we just never know why.
    I have the same issue going on w/ 2 of my neighbors that have ganged up on me and made it very hard for me to live on this street. They would yell things at me from across the street and just be rude, I've ignored them and have to say by doing so it has stopped. The more you let them know it is bothering you, the more they are going to do it. Its just best to be the adult in the situation.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Tell her to grow up. Omg some women still think they are in high school. She has no class and what is she teaching her daughter? How to be a b--ch? Good Luck. That's why I don't bother with I am Miss Boss of Everything types. Those women that act very manly and then they look at me jsut cuz I am more gentle with words and actions. There is something in life called tact.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Just ignore it. You can't control what others think or say about you and in the end it really doesn't matter what they think. By being controlled by this, you are playing into her schemes and keeping it going. Just go on about your business, let them say what they want and eventually, they will grow bored because youre not reacting. Same reality with children. I just don't think there are many TRUE adults in the world. Its like we can't grow up if we tried because somethings always holding us back. Ive struggled with it too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2009