Anyone have problems with the wires poking out of their bras?

For some reason all of my bras eventually have the wire come out n poke me. I try to sew them back in for a quick fix but it never lasts too long. Does anyone know why this is or is it that I just buy cheap bras?

momof2_july

Asked by momof2_july at 9:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• This JUST happened to me yesterday. I was so bummed out! I don't have many to chose from as it is. Guess it's time for a new bra :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It happens to me too. It hurts. It's even worse when you can't go home and change it. UGH
    FG2005

Answer by FG2005 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's two things. The bras may be cheap but they definitely don't fit right. You need to go to a lingerie store and get properly measured.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It has happened to me also.. lol and it does hurt.. I've tried to sew it up for a quick fix, didn't work for me either.. lol Had to trash it and buy a few more!! lol
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I used to think it was just a cheap bra problem, so I went with a few expensive underwire bras. Sure enough... the material in the expensive bras also tore after the underwire broke leaving me to be poked by a wire and forcing me to put toilet paper under my bra until I got home and could change lol. I hate non-underwires, but all of my underwire bras seem to have this problem after just 2-3 months with the underwire breaking and then cutting and material surrounding it and poking me.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have the same problem. One thing for sure it is not bec the bra is cheap or expensive. Maybe they were purposely not build to last so we have to spend more and more money.
    MisV

Answer by MisV at 10:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• mine have always done this! they fit all perfect & wonderful & then something happens & they're uncomfy. my $$s on they're built this way so we have to buy new ones on a regular basis.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Either hand wash them or get a "bra baby" just throwing them in the wash will cause the wires to come out! :)
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• not always just cheap bras... my vistoria's secret bras have done it before!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 7:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I could never wear a bra unless it had underwires, but when they kept poking out and I couldn't keep buying expensive or new ones often enough, I finally went to non-wire.
    After having children, my breasts have gone up in size and haven't gone back down to their C cup, so underwires are out of the question for me anymore anyway. I'm a DD now and I hate it!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:17 AM on Jan. 16, 2009