Kid named Adolf Hitler

Remember the contraversy where the store wouldn't write the kid's name on the birthday cake, the kids have now been taken from their parents by Youth & Family Services. They say it's not because of what they named the kids but because of a household situation, what do you think?

sammiesmom2000

Asked by sammiesmom2000 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think any parents that name their child that is obviously messed up...I wouldn't doubt if there is some sort of household situation there.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think it's a little too early to judge them for whatever reasons because no body has said why the children were taken.

I think the children look happy and healthy. Their parents are obvious hate mongers and idiots but that doesn't mean they get to lose their children.

I'll reserve judgment on that part until I hear why the children were removed.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I imagine that someone who gave those poor kids those names probably isn't the best parent in the world. Parenting is based on your own personal convictions and I can only imagine what type of convictions they have with those names, no matter what they say. Also this might sound rude but in the picture of the family you can see neither parent has had proper dental care, I would imagine if they don't care very much about their own teeth that they probably aren't too diligent about their children's health or environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I hate it for the kid!! I mean this child CAN'T help what his parents named him.. When he grows up and learns the truth of his name I'm sure that he will change it.. Don't you??
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• In my book, it's TOTALLY OK to judge parents who name their kids "Adolf Hitler".

YEECH.

That is a bad thing to do. Having a baby does not make you smarter. Not every decision a parent makes is OK.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would hope that the state would realize that they'd be under a microscope for removing the children and that they would have a very good reason to remove them other than their parents being racist pigs.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I really really hate to say this..But its really just a name..not my 1st choice BY FAR...Any one ever watch the history channel? MILLIOMNS of people have crappy names..relations to crappy people..I hope the kid turns out ok though and that problems were in the home and he wasn't taken away JUST for his name

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• For real, it's just a name. I've heard of people who named their daughter Chlamydia. I mean sure it's an AWFUL name and their parents are obvious Nazi zealots...but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to parent their own children.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The thing is we will never know why the children were removed. AWe don't have a right to know. My guess, because I used to do CPS, is that it had nothing to do with their names. Legally a parent can name a child whatever they want. They can raise them to be racist. Unless it is physical/sexual abuse or neglect - a child cannot be removed from the home. There has to be some evidence the child is being harmed. And if one child in the home is being removed then in most cases all children in the home are removed. My guess is that there was either physical or sexual abuse.  Neglect is very hard to prove.  But naming your children what they did is not exactly being low profile.  If they wanted to fly under the radar they should have tried different names. You have to figure that people pay attention to you with names like that.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'd agree with the posters who say it's just a name. It is.. a bad one and a very OBVIOUS one at that. "No I'm not a Nazi Supremist at all.. We just like the name!" Umm YEAH RIGHT! But like others have said The state would not remove until the children were in DANGER.. not because thier parents have an odd fascination with Evil.
    I mean bad names are given to children all the time.. Hello? APPLE! ZUMA! Princess!? PILOT INSPEKTOR!!!!! You don't see the state coming after these people becuase they named thier kids STUPID names.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 11:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2009