Israel bombs UN Headquarters in Gaza, destroying thousands of lbs of food intended for refugees

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israel shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, the U.N. and witnesses said, engulfing the compound and the main warehouse in fire and destroying thousands of pounds of food intended for Palestinian refugees.

Shells also struck a hospital, five high-rise apartment buildings and a building housing media outlets in Gaza City, injuring several journalists.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioi_0jtO9RjMwPNRoXNCndRPRq3gD95NK66O0

Israel says it's a "grave mistake." Oooops we bombed a UN school. Oooops we attacked UN aide workers. Oooops we bombed UN Headquarters (with white phosphorus) and burnt the food intended for refugees. They sure have a lot of Oooops.

Why do people believe that Israel is trying to minimize civilian suffering? Their actions speak louder than their words.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Accidents happen. And it is a grave accident. It should be investigated.

You left this part out of the article Israel launched its war on Dec. 27 in an effort to stop militant rocket fire from Gaza that has terrorized hundreds of thousands of Israelis.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I didn't leave anything out. I provided the link. If I was hiding something, I wouldn't have provided the link.

And those rockets? They're in response to the seige that Israel has been imposing on Gaza for years. You know, since they stopped their illegal occupation and withdrew Jews from settlements so they'd be free to destroy Gaza's infastructure.

One of the most powerful and technically advanced armies in the world continues bomb UN targets, even though the UN has provided their coordinates and are clearly marked, and people ocntinue to believe they are "accidents." Hilarious, really. How blinded to Israels true motives some are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• people ocntinue to believe they are "accidents." Hilarious, really. How blinded to Israels true motives some are.     Says YOU... I forgot, YOU are the Expert. The Expert Drama seeker

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Make love, not war is what I say.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• So what do you want to happen? Do you want us to slaughter the Jews? In my area Palestinians are protesting and yelling "Back to the Ovens". Even on our soil many who support Hamas are for the extinction of Israelis. In a war the innocent are harmed no way to really get around that. Since Hamas is gaining support and sympathy from liberals I do see a day when America could be siding with the terrorists. It scares me I am of Jewish descent. My grandmother is a Holocaust survivor. All of her siblings, parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts and her precious infant were gasses and incinerated. I really don't care what happens right now. I support Israels right to stay in existence and am glad they have the technology to do this. I am sad for the innocent who have been harmed. They need to rise up against the terrorists and get them out of their country.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• In my area Palestinians are protesting and yelling "Back to the Ovens".

My area too. That is why this desire to create Drama about an issue people have differing opinions on, upsete me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why does one have to be pro-Hamas or anti-Jewish if they condemn Israel's actions? Should Israel have carte blanch to do anything they like because their government is Jewish?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• 9:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 by: Anonymous So what do you want to happen? Do you want us to slaughter the Jews? In my area Palestinians are protesting and yelling "Back to the Ovens".

She wasn't Palestinian....course you are probably one of those who also confuses Middle Eastern People with Indians.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is not Ignorance, But the Illusion of Knowledge." Stephen Hawking

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 11:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• To Answer the question. In the beginning Israel did not want to get rid of Hamas. If you listened to the Statements made by the PM they said they didn't want to get rid of them, only stop the rockets. Hamas is the greatest excuse for Israel to murder innocent Palestinians. To cut down their population.

But now.....Israel looks really bad to all countries and they are kind of stuck. Do they continue on....murdering even more civilians while trying to take out Hamas without knowing if they will suceed? Or do they quit now, with Hamas still intact and have murdered those people for basically nothing? Now what?

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 11:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• patientmama, actually in my area a protest was on local news from a large university. and they said they were Palestinian....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2009