I am looking for suggestions for a boy 6 yr olds party? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

BoredWifey

Asked by BoredWifey at 9:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• im not good at throwing parties.. but i remember when i was a kid.. my aunt bought a present, and wrapped it up about ...20-25 times, and had all the kids sit in a circle and each kid unwraps one layer and passes it on,...and the kid who unwraps the last layer gets the present :) that was fun for us idk.... i have a 1 year old and a 5 month old lol i havent thrown too many parties yet! hehe.
    MamaMakinMoney

Answer by MamaMakinMoney at 9:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I found some in a book I have--if you want more details of games and whatnot then PM me.

Pirate Party; Sporty Party, Wild Wild West Party, Great Explorers' Party, Arty Party

Is the party around any seasonal holidays? If so, you can use that as a theme.

What about a make your own pizza party? Or build your own sundae party? Just some suggestions.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• do a pirate party. write the invitations on parchment paper with a map background. burn the edges a bit roll them up tie with string and hand them out. Games pin the eye patch on the pirate. a coin toss.( get plastic coins and drop them into little containers in a row the further out the kid gets the better) print out pirate pictures glue them on cardboard and make stands then have the kids throw bean bags at them. cover the table with pain brown paper with a map drawn on it. give the kids long balloons and let them have sword fights with them. ask the kids to come dressed as pirtes.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• For a 6 year old boy I'd go with something active with lots of physical games and activities. At 6, my daughter (a tomboy at the time) wanted an Army birthday party (totally her idea). It was summer so we included water balloons, but we also did an obstacle course and target games for prizes. For indoors those nerf guns with suction cup arrows would be great for shooting targets. The kids (mostly boys) all seemed to have a really good time. I made a cake and cupcakes with frosting that looked like camoflauge by mixing some green and some black food colloring into white frosting, and I put little plastic army men and flag toothpicks on the cupcakes and a little plastic tank on the cake. If you're not comfortable with an army theme, sports would probably also be good. It really depends on where you live and what your kid is into. Good luck & have fun!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I love the pirate idea listed above mine! Balloon sword fights and games sounds like a lot of fun!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think that SSs 6th birthday was race track/racing. I made a race track cake and got some of the Cars character cars. We had checkered plates and little streamers that looked like race flags. THat may have been his 5th. I would have to look it up to be honest.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• pirates are fun, or a character that he likes, dinosaurs would be fun, what are his interests?
    omma2.3.

Answer by omma2.3. at 10:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• How about a "Fear Factor" style party?

Invitations: include a questionaire with questions like "Have you ever eaten a live bug" or "do you enjoy the taste of mud?" It really gets the kids gears going and they wonder what they have in store for them at the party!

Games: For Example--

The Fly Challenge: Have all the kids set down and tell them this story- "I flew down to Mexio and met a man who sold me 1,000 spanish flies. I tore the wings off and dipped them in chocolate. Your challenge is to eat 5 flies and show me your tongue when you have finished. "

The flies are really chocolate covered raisins served in mini cupcake liners. Their faces will be priceless!

The Pig Snot Challenge and a Bug Hunt

Food:

dirty bathwater punch
    kitty litter cake
    dirt covered worms

*I have instructions to theother games and the recipes to these foods if you are intereste
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I like the "fear factor" party...maybe one of my girls will be a tomboy...right now my oldest is a girlie GIRLIE girl...and the youngest is too young to tell...but I see pink ribbon and bows in her future.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• There are lots of neat party ideas on familyfun.com. I'm also in a group here on cafemom that is all about planning a birthday party (Planning Your Kids Birthday Party group by Betty Crocker). There is an advertisement for it on the cafemom site. You might get some good ideas from it too.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009