how to tell hubby no

hubby wants me to work, but i honestly dont want to. i want to be home with our 7 month old....how to tell him i dont want to work???
here is the deal hubby brings in about 2400 a month at least, i would if i worked bring in 700 a month the 700 would be extra since our monthly expenses are 2300 a month...........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• have you thought of doing day care at home. I made 100 a week for one kid and I got to stay home.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• did you do the lincending thing or just as a babysitter deal with no state approved bs............ how did you find that child? put an add in newspaper?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why does your husband want you to work so badly? Presumabley that would be a conversation that you should have had before you had the baby, but since you didn't I would say a sit down heart to heart is in order.

1) Call daycares in your area. First off see how long the wait is to get in with a baby that old. Second get prices. Prices alone might make him rethink this request.

2)Tell him how important it is for YOU to be the one home raising your child.

3) If money is tight, sit down with your budget and show him what you are willing to sacrifice in order to be able to stay home.

It's really hard for me to relate to you because my husband has always requested that I stay home with our children. But the few times I did look in to the cost of daycare I realized that nothing I made would really be worth the cost of putting multiple children in daycare.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Another thing you could consider is working in a daycare or a nursery.

My gym has a childcare and while it only pays about $6.55 an hour to start the girls are able to take their children with them...so there is no child care costs AND they get to be with their baby.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Out of the $700 you would bring in, how much of that would go to childcare? Extra wear and tear on a vehicle? (oil, gas, tires, etc) Lunches? Change in car insurance premiums? What if you miss days because the baby is sick?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• ok so I'm in Canada. But when i put my youn gest into daycare it cost $600/month for 5 days a week. We got government subsity so i didn't have to pay the full amount. But if you think about your situation. and if child care is about $600/month for 5 days a week.. then really you'd be working to bring in 100 a month. and that most likely would cover the cost of gas for the month as well. So in all actuallity you'd be working for free.. because NONE of the paycheque you'd be paid would Actually go to you. Unless you can get government assistance or work from home.. I don't see how going back to work would benefit your family.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 12:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I pay $200 per week for full time daycare. Is the $700 you would make after you paid daycare? I liked the idea of working in a daycare, that's a good option.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009