my heart's racing!!!

I'm 8 months pregnant and at random times, even if I'm just lying down, my heart will start RACING! Like, it's pounding so hard, and so fast, I can feel it in my ears. When this happens, my arms and legs get really weak and hurt terribly. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Is it normal, or something I need to bring up to my doctor asap?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 10:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me with my first... I think it was the amount of blood increased and I could feel it moving. I did mention it to my midwife and she tested me for anemia... which I was slightly. If you are concerned, you can bring it up to your doctor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think you should call your doctor, that doen't sound right. Do your arm and legs get numb? Go get checked out!!
    GeorgetteKerin

Answer by GeorgetteKerin at 10:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No, they don't go numb. It's like... the day after you work out and you're really sore, that's the feeling!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2009