Does anyone have any good swimsuit info? I like a separate top and swim skirt but all the swim skirts I have bought are too short. My butt sticks out and so the skirt ends up pulling up and revealing what I'm trying to cover!!! Help!!!

I bought a suit at JC Penney that wasn't too bad but like I said, the skirt wasn't long enough. I'm only 5'4 but my butt sticks out really far in my opinion.

GMR

Asked by GMR at 10:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• can you sew or have someone sew you a fitted bathing suite. in most fabric stores there are books such as "sewing with nancy"...nancy Zeiman, has been publishing books, videos & short educational episodes on t.v. for years...check out her site (sewing with nancy)...i started making mine & my daughter(s) swim suites when my oldest daughter was about 10. My oldest daughter has always been very apple-bottomed and would cry because nothing would fit her...so i learned to sew for her..she always had the cutest clothes & especially her swim suites...i always had other mothers wanting me to sew for them, but i didnt think i was that good...it was just for us to enjoy. now that shes grown, she says thats her favorite memories of us... making clothes for her...cant get paid any better than that!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I also buy a swimsuit that has a separate top & a skirt. The only swimsuit skirt that I like on me is the Zeroxposur brand. I don't like the skirts that "flow" or are ruffly because it just makes my midsection look that much bigger. The Zeroxposur kind fit tighter & seem to stay put pretty well. I buy them at Kohls. I know that their website has swim suits on it already, but I don't know if the stores are carrying them yet or not.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I kinda have the same problem what I chose to do this past summer my kids wanted to join the neighborhood pool wow!! no I had to go buy a decent suit Ha!! I ended up getting a suit from the store Women Within they are kind of like Lane Bryant but cheaper. They had the 2 piece tank top and I buy the shorts to match. The shorts are in several lengths and are made to match the tops. They dry quick and don't ride up. You can place orders on line just go under Women Within I hope this helps!!
    AmieJo853

Answer by AmieJo853 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Considering they're really just small scraps of material designed to preserve your modesty while on the beach, you'd expect most swim skirts to look pretty much the same. Many department stores will also have a range of swim skirts for you to choose from. Here are some of top picks, NexTag, Target, Nordstrom and iStorez swimwears listing.
    sarahcollins

Answer by sarahcollins at 8:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009