Israel continues to deny the international media access to Gaza.

What are they hiding?

If their actions are justified and humane, why do they not want the world to see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Expert Drama Seeker,
    Why are you asking this question? It's an opinionated question to start drama. YOu won't settle for someone elses opinion against yours.
    Why are you hiding? I am hiding because the last time I stood up for Israel, a bunch of you CM's attacked me on messages privately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Maybe because it's too dangerous? I don't know. This whole thing makes my head spin.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• This question doesn't seek drama. It's a legit question. Do you have an explanation for Israel not allowing the media to see what they are doing Anon 9:12? I'd love to hear it.

And I'm anon for the same reason you state. So I don't get flamed by people like you.

Personally, I think they're making a mistake. By not allowing the media in, they are forcing the world to rely soley on Gaza's description of events. If Israel is truly doing all it can to avoid civilian deaths, they could easily be showing proof of that. Instead, we have only Gaza residents saying that women and children are being shot in the head as they leave their homes waving white flags during the 3 hour humanitarian ceasefire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well Drama Seeker, I agree with this statement, learn from past experiences
    "There was too much exposure," Daniel Seaman said. "It had an effect on our ability to achieve strategic goals, so that's one of the lessons we learned from the war in Lebanon."

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I find it strange that you call me a "drama seeker" when I am posting about world events. And today is the first time I have posted on Israel. But I assume that calling names is simply your way of negating another person's point of view. If I were in daycare I'm sure I would run away crying, but I'm all grown up now.

Interesting statement btw. I wonder what goals they were not able to attain because people were watching?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's a war and like it or not all is fair in love and war. Two wrongs do not make a right and there are people who BELIEVE that they are right on BOTH sides. A war doesn't start on it's own without retaliation. The war will continue and there will continue to be speculators speaking out on behalf of either side. The truth of the matter is that it is a sad state of events and they are not going to be resolved overnight nor are they going to be resolved using reason and logic so the best thing to do is to pray for these people and continue to be grateful for the freedoms that you are provided.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The OP is clearly a hater of Israel and will keep posting this. You probably believe all Israeli's should be put in an oven and wiped off the face of the Earth like so many others who support Hamas want. If the Palestinians want peace they need to fight against Hamas and kick them out. Instead they allow them to make life hard for them. Be mad at Hamas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You know...to whoever this anon is, talking about the OP. We have over 180 members in our Free Palestine group. This could be anyone, the anons posting on here could all be separate people. They can post anon if they like, I have no idea who they are, they don't tell me, nor do they have to.

So, why do you put it upon yourself to police them and start your own drama with them. If you don't like the question, simply pass by.

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 11:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If you were humane you would see that Israel is just protecting it's land from evil terrorists who have killed innocent women and children with their attacks. Hamas terrorists, Al Qaeda, and the likes want Israel destroyed, wiped off the planet, and all of it's people. Isreal is right and just to retaliate and protect and defend! Hamas, Al Qaeda......they are nothing more than mass murderous terrorists that should be eradicated!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Blessed5x, then tell me why the almost the rest of the world (i am excluding US and UK) see Israel as the terrorist? Could all these countries be wrong, while only 3 countries are right?

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 12:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009