wisdomtooth.. help

i got two of them coming out at the same time and pushing all my teeth together. my whole gum is hurting and i have sleeless nights and tylenol DOES NOT help.

on top of everything im half way through my pregnancy and super scared of dentists.
can you share experience? how bad was it? and did anyone get it done while prenant?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 10:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• My husband just had all of his pulled. It wasn't bad. It took 20 minutes, and I'm not exaggerating! I was shocked when they came in and told me it was over. He recovered in about a week. The first two days are the hardest because your mouth is full of gauze and eating and drinking is difficult. You can do it. Your gonna have a baby, having two teeth pulled is candy!! Good Luck!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 10:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't know if they will pull them while you're pregnant because you'd have to be anesthesia and they're pretty careful about that while you're pregnant.

I was born without wisdom teeth so I don't have experience with having them removed.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Wish you lived here. I'd have just the guy to send you to. Not only is he *total* eye-candy, he's super sweet and so is all of his staff. They take most of the nerves away with the way they treat you. He had all four of mine out in under half-an-hour like the pp. Super easy to recover from as long as you follow the guidelines the doc gives you. The socket are sore, but it's not bad at all.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• mine came in sideways while I was pregnant also. I did the tylenol thing as well and it didn't help. after my daughter was born I breastfed and then she refused a bottle, so I ended up waiting until she was exactly 12 months old and had mine removed. the surgery wasn't so bad, don't remember most of it, but afterwards the pain was not too bad i don't think I even took the pain pills past the first day. My error was in not drying up before surgery and then going through the stopping breastfeeding cold turkey. i wouldn't think they could do the surgery while u r pregnant, but whenever you have it done, i wish you the best, and seriously the surgery wasn't too bad at all.good luck
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 10:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had two pulled while pregnant. I did it under local and they were "impacted". It was thought they were causing the headaches--now I know it was the pregnancy. Years later, when I had braces, the orthodontist told it was too bad I didn't have my wisdom teeth--he could have pulled them up to close the space where a tooth had been pulled. I had it pulled instead of a root canal--now I wished I had had the root canal!!!!! I was concerned about the health consequences of root canals--but not any more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2009