• In the Spotlight:

update on a story I posted

Murder charges dropped in Idaho girl's snowy death

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/ap_on_re_us/hypothermia_death

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Agreed.

Answered at 11:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 by: Anonymous
    i agree he looks so sad at hearing but I would fell more sympathy for him if after he got truck started and back on road he went looking for them but he went back home I don't understand why
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 11:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I read that story and I am just curious as to why an 11 year old girl was attempting to walk 10 miles in those conditions by herself. Do you have a link or have an idea why she was by herself?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• She was with her brother, father and someone else. Their vehicle broke down so they kids were walking to their mothers house, she dies her brother lived. I'm glad they were dropped because that was not murder but child neglect.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I live in Idaho, so this was "big" news for a while, I never felt the father should be charged with murder...poor judgement....yes......child neglect........not so sure. The father broke down in the snow (it was really bad and the roads were slick), from what has been gathered the kids didn't want to wait around and the father let them walk to thier moms, I can only assume that he thought they were closer then the reality. It is the one of the most tragic things, what the father has to live with is worse then anything our government can do to him.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• well hey had to have known if was 10 miles... and didnt he dressed them? he should have known.. this was so sad...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The children were wearing boots and coats over their pajamas. No matter what they wanted, it's a parents job to keep children safe. The simple fact that they weren't properly dressed for a hike in the snow should have been enough to make the father keep them with him. I don't suppose he legally broke any laws, but he will be haunted for the rest of his miserable life by the consequenses of his sheer stupidity.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i agree he looks so sad at hearing but I would fell more sympathy for him if after he got truck started and back on road he went looking for them but he went back home I don't understand why

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2009