Can you always tell if you loose your mucus plug??

I am almost 38 weeks and when I wipe I get a goo/snoty subs. (sorry TMI) . I was almost 2 cent. dialated at my last apt, a week ago today and have been having contractions on and off for the past 2 weeks... Do you think I lost it and dont know it, or am I loosing slowly??? I have no idea, this is my first preg. Just wondering cause I am having my membranes stripped today at 11:30 and I am so ready to have the little guy here... (we are trying this becuase my doc thinks he is getting to big and I wont beable to have him nat. , so we are not just doing it casue I am sick of being preg..... )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had 3 children and I've never known if or when I lost my mucus plug. But I did always seem to have a lot of discharge while I was pregnant anyways
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• it sounds to me like u lost it.. with my daughter i lost my mucus plug slowly for days then eventually my water broke.
    iloveshealyn

Answer by iloveshealyn at 10:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• with my first i had no clue if i lost mine they some people can tell and others do not know
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2009