HELP!!!! 3 year old refuses to poop on the potty!!!

My daughter is 3 1/2 and as of lately she refuses to poop in the potty. She will go hide and poop her pants, once I notice she has gone into hiding I will go find her and put her on the potty but she will hold it and refuses to go. I am constantly changing her underwear all day long. She will go just enough to leave a small amount in her underwear. I know she has to go, she eats a good amount of fiber so I know its not an issue of her not being able to. She will fight me everytime I put her on the potty. I have tried EVERYTHING!!! Rewards if she goes, the potty chart, a Chuck E Cheese potty chart, she has a Leap Pad she can take in there with her, books. She just wont go. I feel like I'm losing my mind with this...We have started to take things away from her if she poops in her pants and she just doesnt care. Any help would mean the world!!! Thank you!

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I hope this helps: mine would do the same thing, pooping in the potty is just the next step they have to master before not wetting at night. I would let her see you take her poopy undies and empy them in the potty then let her watch you flush the potty. I'd say something silly, like "bye-bye poopy." I wouldn't make a big deal about it in front of her either, just keep being patient. Clean her up and tell her to next time poop in the potty. Also it helped with mine to let them (I have 5 boys) pick out their own cool undies, mine always picked superheroes. I'd also do a "potty dance" or cheer when they accomplished pooping in the potty. Good Luck! :)
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2012

• I am babysitting a three year old and having the same problem. When they can come point at their pants to let you know they need to be changed. It's time for sure. Good luck!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2012

• For me, honestly, with my oldest, I learned, if they're not ready, they just won't do it. No amount of bribing, begging pleading will work. So when my youngest was ready for potty training, I let her lead the way and didn't push. We talked about it, I told her she'd get a treat when she pooped in the potty but it was a few months before she actually did it. And you know what she asked for? Her treat. LOL. Every time she pooped in her pants, we just talked about it calmly and like it was no big deal. I'd say we should poop in the potty! in a happy tone. When she was ready, she did it. Same with my son.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2012

• If your sure there is nothing physically wrong with her, I would consider having a talk with her. She is old enough to tell you why she is doing this , if she knows. I'd also ask her what you and she can do so she goes in the potty. Have you told her she has to go back in to diapers if she keeps pooping in her pants? Did she just welcome a new baby into the house? Be calm about it when she poops in her pants and let her know matter of factly that at this age, she has to poop in the potty. I'd consult the doctor if you haven't and no suggestions here work.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2012