Who do some people still think that gay men and women "choose" their lifestyle? I didn't "choose" to be heterosexual, I just am.

GMR

Asked by GMR at 10:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is gay
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I just think they "choose" to give into the temptation. Its not a sin to BE gay or have those feeilngs its just a sin when you act on them. Its like any other temptation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well I don't know for sure, but being a Christian and believing the Bible, I have to admit that I think acting on homosexual desires is a sin.

I kind of look at it like this: God created all of us with "weaknesses" Some people are prone to addictions, but that doesn't mean it's ok for them to give in to their desires and be addicted to drugs/alcohol/gambling. I think some people(many actually) are prone to having homosexual desires, but that doesn't mean it's ok to act on those desires. It's like a test...to see if you can be faithful to God's will even when it's hard.

I say this without judgment. Just my thought on the whole issue.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I agree with anon.. I think its like being an alcoholic. It is in your system before you take your first drink. (You know if it runs in your family the alcoholism) But when you give into then that is when its wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• oops i didn't mean to click the anon button.. that was me above.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I agree with munch12502...and I have homosexual friends and family.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• For the same reason people tell homeless people"GET A JOB" and say that women who do not breastfeed are not good mothers.It makes them feel better about themselves to feel superior.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Because got created us to be heterosexuals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i agree with the other posters. Some people are prone to being angry,some are prone to being alcoholics, and some are prone to having homosexual thoughts/feelings. That does not mean they are right. We all have different things was have to control and I feel like this is one of those. You say you did not choose to be heterosexual. No you did not, but your body is made that way. We are made so woman and men can procreate. Without a lot of medical intervention (and sometimes not even with that) men can not procreate with men, nor can women with women. Their bodies are not made that way---and before someone says something about some women can not have children even with a man, they still have the genital body parts that are needed to create life (vagina and penis). Also anal sex is not natural as vaginal sex is. There are many dangers from doing it. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Wow!!! I thought it was 2009, not biblical times!!! Some of you are hilarious!! Did you know that homosexual acts take place in the animal kingdom? Does that mean the animals are gay and are committing a sin? Come on people!!! If you are gay you are not giving in to temptation, you are doing what comes naturally to you. Just like me wanting to have sex with a man (my husband of course) comes naturally to me. To all of you who say they should resist, I say this to you. YOU try to become attracted to the opposite sex. No more sex with your SO. EVER!! It's so sad that people are still so backward in their thinking. The bible was written to scare people as well as inform.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2009