If you got pregnant while nursing did you notice right away??

I am still nursing my daughter who is 9 1/2 mos. old. She has always been exclusively breastfed and she is now having cereal, juice, baby food, etc. in addition to nursing. I had restarted my period 3 mos. ago and now I am 1wk late. I took a pregnancy test 4 days ago and it was negative. I also have no pregnancy symptoms yet and my daughter is still nursing fine. I plan on retesting in a few days just to be sure. Did you notice a decrease in milk supply right away or did your child not want to nurse due to pregnancy? Did your nursing child basically let you know you were pregnant? Also while nursing has anyone, after restarting their cycle, had it go away again (not pregnancy related)? Sorry so long... thanks for reading. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only reason I knew was the frequent night time bathroom breaks. My supply didn't go down until about 20 weeks and my baby didn't notice until about 30 weeks. I have also restarted my period only to have it go away again. My son was ill for a week and cut his nursing so I got a period. Once he was nursing normally again, it stayed away for another 3 months.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Did your daughter increase her nighttime nursing? That could delay your period. I only knew with my second because I was nauseous all the time.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had a decrease in su[pply, thats what made me test
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I got pg with my dd when my ds was 6 mos old. I nursed him and I hadn't started my period, but I had other signs (for me) that I was pg, so I got a test and it came back telling me I was pg.

I continued to nurse with no problem, and was even going to tandem nurse, but my ds weaned himself when he was 15 mos old - about 3 weeks before my dd was born. At that point, he was only nursing 2 or 3 times a day. He just got up one morning, started to nurse, decided he didn't want to, and never did it again. I think it was because my milk had changed to the colostrum for the new baby and he didn't like the taste.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• "Did your daughter increase her nighttime nursing?"

No she hasn't nursed at night for a long time. She nurses 3x's a day, sometimes 4 (right before bed). I mean there were maybe a few days where she nursed a little more during the day, maybe up to 5 times. She wasn't napping well so she ate more to make up for it I think. But now she's back to her usual eating habits. I guess I didn't think after you started your period that it would go away again due to nursing. Probably cuz it never happened with my first daughter. So I guess I'll find out when I retest, probably this weekend. :) Thanks for the input so far!
    Anonymous