i have been haveing braxton hicks contractions

i have been having braxton hicks contractions for the past five or six days they come and go and dont have a pattern but everytime i get up to walk they hit and i almost fall the only thing im worried about is that that could be a sign of something i know its not the baby he because i can be having one of those things and he will kick and the contraction will still be going on im 33 weeks and one day im losing my plug i keep getting little peices of it on my panty liner TMI i know but can anyone tell me what might be going on? or do i need to call my midwife and yes this is my second baby but i really dont remember this happening with my daughter

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I see no harm in calling your midwife to let her know what's going on. In my opinion it's better safe than sorry and she will be used to these questions.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 11:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Aren't they so much fun? Mine always hit when I am in the middle of making dinner. You can lose bits of your plug, but since it is mucus it can actually "rebuild" itself if you lose it slow enough (i.e. you lost a piece one day, and then nothing). You can call your midwife, she would probably like to know, but otherwise, I think it is normal and fine.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• thats normal i think. i get like that all the time.
    Anonymous