MIL

would you have your mother-in-law in the delivery room with you when you give birth if your boyfriend/husband couldnt be there for it? and would you have her stay with you to help out with the new baby and your other kids.

or would you only want your own mom there to help out.

mommyofone0724

Asked by mommyofone0724 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no MIL please!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Both my mom and my MIL are going to be in the delivery room with me and my BF when I have the baby. She is just as much a grandma to my little girl as my mom is.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• no way...no way! I'd have a friend or another family member be my support system.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It depends on your relationship with your MIL. If you are comfortable with it than go for it. I personally get along with my MIL but I wouldn't want her in the delivery room, but I am also a private person I won't even let her see me breastfeed. Don't let anyone guilt you into it if you don't want her there, but don't push her out entirely either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Possibly both, but no way would I have my mil and not my own mom. I still feel bad that I didnt have my mom in there with my first because I was too embarassed!! Hopefully I'll be fine the next time around!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Not at all. Just my mom and my husband. If for some reason my hubby can't make it, then it'll be my brother. No way will my mother in law be there. I kind of hope they don't make it in time for the birth at all. I'm a terrible person.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't.

It really depends on what kind of relationship you have.

With my second child my MIL was there before I delivered she was visiting me, then she said she had to go 5 mins later I went into labor and had my baby isn't that weird.

Do whatever makes you comfortable. GLsimple smile

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• me personally i cant stand my mil and she hates me so im having my mom, sister, and daughter in the room my husband and i are sepreated anyways and i really dont want to look at him but if he wants to be in the waiting room i have no problems with that cause my dad, my sister boyfriend are gonna be in there too but if you have a good relationship with your mil then i would say go ahead and let her be in there you just dont want anyone that is going to fight or make you upset in there cause it might cause you to have more pain
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my husband was delpoyed when i had our daughter and my MIL and SIL where both in the room and she helped me out so much after i had our daughter i dont know what i would have done with out here. my mom lived to far away to come
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i guess i would but that is only because my fiances mother is a baby love nurse so she knows everything too do if something was to come up but i would definitely have my own mother with me too
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2009