• In the Spotlight:

I need help with weaning my 2 yr old from the bottle.

Okay so I am pregnant with #2. I don't plan on BFing this one and know that this baby will use bottles. (I have to be on meds that are not okay while BFing-please, no bashing!) I have horrible anxiety and my DD has had a lot of feeding problems which is why we have kept her on the bottle for so long. She gone through a ton of testing and no answers have been given. She wakes up in the middle of the night still wanting bottles. I dont know what to do. My DH doesn't think its a big deal, but I want to wean her. Im afraid she'll regress with the new baby and flip out bc she doesnt have a bottle. And truthfully, being high risk pregnant, I dont feel like going through the anxiety right now of her flipping out for days on end about a bottle-especially when they'll be reintroduced to our next baby shortly. The formula is so freakin expensive and we're tired of waking up in the middle of the night. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is no easy way..you just have to do it. Parenting isn't always easy..you are going to have to hear her cry ect.. until she learns. I am counting down the days until my son is 1, so he can go on cows milk (organic). Why is she still on formula at 2?
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would say you will just have to stop. When she wakes at night and all other times, just offer her a sippy or a regular cup and coninue to tell her that all the bottles are gone and all you have is cups. This is what i did when I stopped nursing my daughter. I told her she was too big for mommy milk and there was only cups. After about a minute of whining she just took the cup and the asking only lasted a couple days. Good luck!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You just have to stop...cold turkey. She will whine and cry for it and you CANNOT give in!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 11:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2009