Old wise tale...

my gma told me that one day my uncle (wen he was a baby) just got up and started walking..lolz . I actually heard a few moms say things like this before that baby just got up and went has anyone actually experienced anything like this b4.. or is it another one of those cute storys gmas tell?

i just thought it was a funny story gmas tell the cutest tales lolz

mommiediap

Asked by mommiediap at 11:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes my daughter was 9 months old and one day was standing at end table and just took off walking I was in shock she was slow at it and fell a lot but walked ever sense well 3 months later i had her brother and she was walking great my grandma said she was making room for her brother lol

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• DHs mom swears her hair turned gray overnight when she had my hubby. She was in her late 40s and he was her surprise baby. I've seen pictures and it's not entirely true, but it did turn from black to white in about 4 years.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes. When my son was 8 months old he simply got up and walked from the sofa that he was leaning against over to the chair! It was only about 4 feet, but he wobbled over there on his own, and inside a week he was EVERYWHERE!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son was 9 months and was playing by my bil on the couch. I was sitting in the middle of the family room and my son just let go and walked right over to me. Within like 3 days he was walking all over. Since he walked that first time 2 days after x-mas all his walking/ push toys he got for x-mas was a waste, but that was my best gift seeing my son walk for the first time (right to me!)
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son at 9 months old crawled out of his crib and walked into our bedroom. It freaked us out since he has been cruising furniture but was not walking yet. He was running a few days later and we had to put him in a big boy bed so he did not get hurt climbing out.

Anonymous

• My son pretty much did that. He took his first step around 9 months old and then one day when he was 10 1/2 months he just stood up from a sitting position on the ground and started walking. I actually have pictures of it because I happened to be using the camera at the time. We were on the front porch (which is gated) and I was taking pictures of my dd who was 2 and I turned around to get a picture of him and he just stood up and walked over to the edge of the porch to watch her. A week later he was running through the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• When my first dd was 9 mo and maybe a week, my hubby and I realized that although she LOVED to "walk" with us (holding one or both of our hands) we didn't know if she could do it on her own. So we sat down on the floor with her between us and *called* her- she stood up and walked to one ( we can't remember who) of us! Who knows how long she was able to do that before we asked her to do it!! 2nd dd walked at same age exactly if you account for the fact that one was one week late and the other two...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My daughter was about 9 months old when she started walking. I had a mini snickers in my hand that she wanted. I decided to see if she could walk a few steps, so I put her a few feet in front of me and I held on to the snickers. She walk to me, with no problem. It was all down hill after that. She literally just took off, walking around like she had been doing it for a while. Everyone was in complete shock when they saw her.
    MyLoves041419

Answer by MyLoves041419 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009