How do entertain her?

Hi, my daughter is 8 days old and she stays awake a lot during the day like she will be awake for an hour or 2 at a time a couple times a day. She doesnt get fussy or anything. But I feel bad hr justsitting in her swing or bouncer or with me. How can I entertain her were she doesnt seem so bored?

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 11:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There isn't much you can do to entertain a baby that young. Just cherish those times while they last! Congrats on your LO!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Babies that little don't need to really be entertianed. She is still adjusting to the big world so no need to overwhleme her anymore. Enjoy the peace and quiet....you will long for some day soon!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It seems silly, but talk to her. You can move around the room without her, but keep talking. It keeps her attention and helps her to develop a vocabulary later. Also, play music. You can try using objects that are brightly colored to see if they hold her attention, wave them slowly about 10 inches from her face, see if she reacts or follows any of them. It's all just about learning at this stage.
    .sarah.jane.

Answer by .sarah.jane. at 12:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• READ TO HER, SING TO HER, DANCE WITH HER, TALK TO HER!!! PLAY DIFFERENT TYPES OF MUSIC FOR HER, EVEN THOUGH SHE IS ONLY 8 DAYS OLD, SHE IS TAKING IN A LOT! I STARTED READING TO MY SON WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 12 DAYS OLD EVERY DAY.......SHOWED HIM DIFFERENT THINGS.....BUT THEY ALSO NEED THEIR TIME IN THE BOUNCY!:)
    mothersmitty

Answer by mothersmitty at 1:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009