Is it true as you get older it is harder to loose wait?

I used to not mind to workout but now it is a drag, I can not get into it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You need to try something new. Maybe get out of the gym atmosphere. Go biking or hiking with the kids. As you age you make less growth hormone, its suppose to have a slimming effect. Check out Bikram yoga. I always have to tell people about it I love it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 38 and when i was 25 I ate McDonalds for lunch EVERY day and never exercised and ate junk food every night and i was 30lbs lighter back then. My cholesterol and BP are better at this age but my butt is not!!!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• YES...holy hannah.. and it's much harder to keep off. I will be 38 next month and my body has completely turned against me.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Everyone is very different, so don't give up.  I am 38 and I have never been in better shape or had more energy.  I had a baby at 18 and another at 36.  My second pregnancy was much easier, I walked every day, gained less weight, and got back into my pre-pregnancy jeans in two weeks.  I am older, but I am more educated about nutrition and health than I was in my twenties, so that's my best explanation.  I still eat McDonald's sometimes, but everything in moderation.  I spent several months dieting and exercising before I got pregnant and lost 30 pounds very easily at age 36.  You can do it!

good luck

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 6:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• How many calories we need to sustain our weight it directly related to how much of our bodies is compose of muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn in a 24 hour period bewtween 2 persons of the same weight. As we get older, we tend to be more sedentary. Also,women tend to focus on aerobic exerise. This is good to burn calories, but does little to gain or even sustain muscle, which is what we need to boost our metablisms.
    So our metabolisms do tend to slow down as we get older, but not because of we are aging. They slow down because we loose muscle mass. To boost your metabolism, try adding some weight or other resistence training to your day!
    p.s. what you eat as a lot to do with body composition too.....but that is a longer posting. If I can be of any furher assistance, please drop me a line.

GabrielsMom24-7

Answer by GabrielsMom24-7 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009