My daughter is 1 month old.. For the last couple days she has had little red spots/bumps on her cheeks and shoulders. At first I thought it was baby acne, but I don't think it is.. Should I be worried? They don't seem to affect her at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it may not be the same as my DD, she would get little spots from drooling. Doc said to use vasoline as a skin protectant, so the drool would never really have contact with her skin. Also Aveeno fragrance free baby cream, the combo would clear it up. Aveeno out of the bath and vasoline a few times a day.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my daughter has that well we was washing her face off with the wipes and i think it dries out the bays skin even the sensitive wipes so we stopped wiping her face with the wipes and used a warm baby towel and it went away and a weeks time and my hubby dont belive me so he still wippes her face with wipe and everytime he does eh gets that dried up bloachy redness and lil bumpys on her cheeks....so i dont let him wipe her face no more. If it gets really bad take her to doc maybe baby is allergic to something but think about wat ur puttin on the area that is bad its probably something simple babys are very senstive
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 12:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It could be early signs of eczema. I would have your baby checked out to see if she has eczema. My son had the same thing when he was about your daughters age and that his first dr. told me it was cradle cap. But when I switch health care providers his new dr told me that he had severe eczema. Good luck and use the vasoline to help keep her skin protected..
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009