What foods help you go to the bathroom?

Going to do number 2 is so annoying lately. I would like it to be easier but I don't want to take any medications.

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Increase your fiber and water and it should help. In the short term eat a couple of prunes and it should help.

Answer by gemgem at 9:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• High fiber foods
    carrots,squash,yams,nuts,seeds,whole grains,legumes,apples
    and WATER

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• For me its coffee.. can't even make it through a cup.

Answer by Farrahann at 9:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• I won't drink coffee while I'm pregnant. Although I know I am allowed one cup a day, I will refrain for now. But yes, when I wasn't preggers coffee def. did the trick. :)

Comment by mommylovesu28 (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• Coffee for me too. But if you are avoiding it, then butterflyblue gave you great suggestions.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• Well I'd go with a cup of coffee before meds... Though I think a stool softener is ok. .. but ask your doc I'm not sure.

Answer by Farrahann at 9:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• Prunes and prune juice. Oatmeal. Sweet potatoes, beans of all kinds. What's really good is bake some sweet potatoes until you see the sugars starting to ooze. Cool it down a bit and scoop out the flesh into a bow. Mix with apple sauce and a little cinnamon. Eat. Very high in fiber should ease you up. And Drink!!!!!! I was allowed to take Colace while pregnant. It's a stool softener.

Answer by robinkane at 9:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• decaf coffee will work too without the caffeine. fresh pears, oranges, grapefruit. cut back on dairy and refined sugar.

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• Prunes have always done it for me. In fact, the softeners they give you in the hospital after the baby is born did nothing at all for me. Both children. But eating a few prunes worked like a charm.

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2012

• yogurt helps us.

Answer by noel1978 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2012