Spasms or Hiccups?

Last night I was lying in bed on my side and my baby kept doing this fast jerking movement. I flipped on my other side and he did it again. It lasted for a couple of minutes. I have heard that they hiccup but this was fairly fast but it was pretty much in rythm. Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like it could be hiccups if you are worried you should try calling your doctor
    Anonymous

• Sounds like hiccups to me :) I wouldn't be worried...I swear Kaylee had the hiccups from the time I was 6 months pregnant until she was 4 months old, lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't be. My last pregnancy my son had them so often I thought he was trying to ram his way out early. In fact he had them during an ultrasound and the tech confirmed it was hiccups.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It sounds just like the hiccups. Easily my least favorite thing of pregnancy. hahaha I know that sounds terrible but I would rather have the fatigue and nausea back than the ten or fifteen cases of hiccups he gets a day!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• That sounds like the hiccups to me... I am 37 weeks and this kid gets them twice a day - every day. They are pretty fast together, it can make your whole belly jump when they jerk. It's very normal! Mention it to your doctor for reassurance. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009