Signs of an Ear Infection?

My son got sent Home From DayCare w/ a fever of 101.4. When I got him Home I took his tempature again before given him some Tylenol, well it was down to 99. The next day I took him to his PEDs office. His PEDs informed me that he had an ear infection. As I explained to her other than the one fever at school he's showed no signs of being sick, acting sick, or anything in between. So I guess my question to you Ladies are what symptoms does your child show when they're sick or getting sick? Thanks so much in advance all your help & advice is so appreciated =o)

~*~Holli~*~

MsWood729

Asked by MsWood729 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son had a ruptured ear drum from an ear infection and he showed no signs of it until he woke up in the middle of the night when it ruptured ( he woke up with drainage all on the outside of his ear) took him the to the peds and he said 2 ear infections and a ruptured ear drum and i had no idea lol.. Mason a trooper
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Usually tuggy on the ears for an ear infection. Otherwise other illnesses would be eating less, sluggish, CRANKY ewww, that one drives me nuts. Sometimes you think they are just being stubborn, but they are getting sick. Thats if for me, Good Luck!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my daughter is too little to real show signs.....but i have been babysitting for over 10 years... just talk to them see if the act or say anything that u think is out of the ordinarey....if they dont eat as much or have trouple sleeping or the are earitable......depending on the age of the child the signs will be different.

how my mom could tell i was sick when i was little, was i was always happy and i would sing were ever i would go....so when i didnt do those thiings she knew something was wrong!!!
    BeachBaby545

Answer by BeachBaby545 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• When Axl gets sick he usually just lies around like a lump on the log or litterally sleep almost the entire day and night (most times but not always). He also doesn't always show signs of an ear infection. When he does show signs of an ear infection he won't let anyone touch the ear or any where near it or he messes with it a lot. The last ear infection we had no idea he even had one until the doctor told us.
    jandyrodax

Answer by jandyrodax at 1:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• the pull at tehir ears and sometimes very cranky
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2009