not peeing in the potty?

chey has started peeing in the potty a few months ago but we never really like made her she would come in the bathroom with me and go everytime well now the last 2 days we decided to put big girl panties on and actully "potty train" well now she hasnt pee'd in the potty once. it was been on the floor. I take her and set her on the chair often but she never pee's. so my question is how can i get her back to peeing on the potty and also should i do something when she pees on floor or in her panties. she knows when she pees and wants her panties changed right away.

NDAUGHERTY

Asked by NDAUGHERTY at 12:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First - of course she knows when she pees and wants to be changed. A newborn baby knows it too. So don't hold that against her. Knowing you are uncomfortable has very little to do with knowing how you got that way at this age.

Next - this is common. Since she is peeing on the floor anyway, take the panties off. That will let you see when she starts to go. Then say (in a happy, excited voice) OH! I see you are peeing! Let's get you to the potty!" Then pick her up and take her there. If she pees in the potty, great. If not, this is common too. Just keep at it until she gets it. And be aware, the less "ready" she was to learn, the longer this will take. And "readiness" has nothing to do with age. If she is over 2, you can have her help clean up the mess. Not as a punishment but as a "you are big enough now to help clean up messes" matter-of-fact thing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I will be reading answers to this...having the EXACT same problem with my son. Let me know if you get any really good tips but I liked the first reply. I'm gonna give it a whirl. My son is two and a half!
    manamott

Answer by manamott at 1:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009