Does your toddler still put things in thier mouths???

I have caught my 2 year old putting some of her toys in her mouth , I thought she out grew this but I guess not. She is still teething so I wonder if that's a reason maybe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mines not 2 yet (22 months) but close enough, and she still puts things in her mouth too, she chews on things. i think its teething, and maybe comfort. they teethe for so long its feesable that having something in their mouths just becomes normal for them. you know/ give it time and watch it. it sounds normal. :)
    TARA26

Answer by TARA26 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Shoot I still catch my 5 year old putting things in her mouth... Some people are just more oral than others and like different sensations in their mouths. If you see your child putting a toy in their mouth then give them something that is meant to go in the mouth (teething toy, frozen wash cloth, or a sippy cup) so that they aren't putting themselves at risk of choking on something , especially as kids get older their toys get smaller and you would hate for something to happen on accident because they were still putting toys in their mouth. It is very normal just keep a close eye on her and she will be fine :)
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Grrr, I hate this! My daughter is almost 13 months old and still puts everything in her mouth. I wish she would stop!
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• OMG yes!!!!!! My oldest is 5 and he NEVER put things in his mouth really, not even as a baby, but my 2 1/2 year old ALWAYS has something in his mouth!!!! Always! I hate it, it makes me worry he'll fall on something and hurt himself bad! I had a friend who's 2 year old fell with something in his mouth and it went through the roof of his mouth, blood coming out of his nose and mouth, it was really bad, could have caused him problems, thankfully he ended up being okay after a while, but it was very bad. Makes me so paranoid, but he won't stop putting things in his mouth. I just watch what he DOES put in his mouth, and if it's something he can choke on or fall and hurt himself I take it away.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yES MY SON WILL BE 2 IN MARCH AND IM ALWAYS FISHING OR CATCHING THINGS
    mommyslilmonstr

Answer by mommyslilmonstr at 1:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• she is just 2 man that what they do
    Anonymous

• my 12 month old will put things in her mouth if she knows i am not looking... if i catch her she hands it to me like she is being soooo good!!!
    lovesamelia

Answer by lovesamelia at 1:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009