I missed my period on the 15th of June I took a pregnancy test today and it said negative, but I know that may not be enough time for the Hcg to show a positive. Is it true that flying could cause a miscariage?

Asked by Stacy3252005 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I flew when I was at the beginning of my pregnancy and I had no problem it is when you are further along that they don't want you to fly

Answer by arl7579 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm a training manager for my company and flew all the time for work when I was pregnant last year. I went to Hawaii (I won a trip from work, when I just found out I was pregnant), I went to Chicago (4 months) and LA (5 months) Flying doesn't cause a miscarriage. The airlines or your doctor might restrict your air travel, but it's all up to you. Heck, 2 weeks ago a lady gave birth ON a plane! :) You'll be fine. Just trust your instincts and see a doctor if you have doubts.

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You are right, depending on when you ovulate you may not have enough HCG in your system to show pos yet.
    It is ok to fly until I believe 32 weeks, every doctor is differant though so just check with them before flying later in pregnancy.

Answer by coolmawmy at 5:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I've never heard the association with flying before, only that later in pregnancy you are to avoid flying. I didn't test positive in my last 2 pregnancies till I was around 5 weeks. I went through many a tests cause I knew they were wrong and was still shocked when I got those positive tests.

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008