anyone else

have trouble loosing weight after a c section

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, after my 2nd one.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Not so much losing the weight, but getting rid of the tummy. I have had 4, and the tummy isn't budging. I hear that exercise works, but I'm not sold on that haha ;)
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• this was my first. its been 2months since I had the baby and i still have flab
    Anonymous

• how abou afer a naural birh??
    :) beh. no really worried abou i
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had a csection 2months ago and i work out. the flab is there i feel like giving up
    Anonymous

• I have heard many people, including my own doctor, say that it takes 9 months to gain the weight, don't be surprised if it takes 9 months for it to come off. My son is nearly 10 months old, my 2nd c-section, and I'm still 1 to 2 pants sizes larger than pre-pregnancy. I'm still nursing him though, and that will keep the weight on. It'll come off eventually, when your body is ready to let it go.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 12:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My first, a vaginal birth, I lost the weight within 2 months. Admittedly I had hyperemesis throughout that pregnancy and LOST weight alarmingly till 6-7 months when I gained 9 pounds past pre-pregnancy weight at delivery. My second was an emergency c-section, and I'd gained 32 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight at delivery. It took me 2 years to lose that and never did get entirely rid of the slightly bulgy tummy. (It's been 26 years, so I don't think it's going anywhere!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Not really. I don't have personal experience to say if it was easier or harder compared to a vaginal delivery because I had c-sections with both of my girls but compared to my friends who didn't have c-sections I'd say it was about the same.
    Anonymous