For SAHM's of one year olds

What do you do with your one year old all day?
Do you have a routine?
If yes, what does your routine include?
Do you let your one year old play by himself at all during the day?
If so, how often and for how long at a time?
What kinds of activities do you do with your one year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• We've only had a general routine until this past year (therapies, school, activities, etc for the older ones).

Meals, snacks and naps were at specific times. Not set in stone, but within 1/2 hour or so.....

Other than that, it was him playing by himself, I'd play with him, we read books, went shopping, visited grandparents....nothing special, really.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• we start off the morning getting her sister's ready for school, she stays with daddy while I take them, i bring them their morning breakfast, daddy goes to work, we watch pbs sprout until nap time which for her is at 10:30. on good weather days we go walking and play outside, after her nap it's lunch time and yes i do let her play by herself some in her play pen or where she's safe. she follows me around the house while i'm cleaning and even tries to help with the laundry.we pick up her sisters from school and then she plays with my middle daughter while my oldest does homework and i'm cooking. my husband comes home, we eat, all get baths, and then between 7:30 and 8 is their bedtime.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I talk to him, read to him, tickle him, chase him, all kinds of stuff. Really, whatever he wants to do. He's very good at letting me know what he wants and needs. No routine, I don't do routines, never have. He plays by himself when he feels like it. He is now but I don't have a set time for him to and I don't force him to. SOme days he plays alone a lot, some days he doesn't want to at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009