Yay! Valentines day! give me ideas...

I know its still a little early, but I'm super excited and want to do something really special for the hubby this year! I want this valentines day to be really great because its our first as a married couple together. I just can't think of anything really creative.. so tell me what are you ladies doing for your SO this year? what are you getting them?

d.wooldridge

Asked by d.wooldridge at 12:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2012 in Holidays

• I used to work at a restaurant so me and dh do not go anywhere on valentines day. Instead we stay in with the kids and I cook dinner, or I might order out just depending on our mood. We rent movies and watch them as a family. I get the kids gifts and dh also gets gifts. My older kids usually come over too.
    This year dh is getting 2 video games he has been hinting at. I dont know what he is getting me
    Then around a week after Valentines day we go out alone.

Answer by gemgem at 12:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2012

• Sorry- no idea...we don't do Valentines day and he doesn't really have a romantic bone in his body!

I had a friend who bought roses and filled his wifes car with them...surprised her- but that's not so much something you'd do for a guy...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2012

• I'm not sure what all I'm doing but I know I really want to get him a bow ( for him to hunt with ) if nothing comes up and I dont get to save all the money :)
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2012

• make him a special candlelight dinner and maybe a movie
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2012

• Go to the Melting Pot if there is one near you. Its an awesome experience and my husband loved it the first time we went. Before we went he was very apprehensive and was not eager to go but I made him. Needless to say he wants to go there again for Valentine's Day so I made reservations a few weeks ago. Oh in case you don't know what the Melting Pot is its a fondue restaurant.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2012