Has anyone had an endometrial ablation (sp?)

I saw my gyn today because I have killer periods. Two days of very heavy bleeding, passing clots, killer cramps followed by three days of moderate flow. I was asking about having a hysterectomy and she recommended an ablation (maybe in combination with a Mirena) rather that the hysto. So I did book it (for late March), but I'm just looking for some insight into it by ladies who've had it done. What was it like? Did it work? Any after effects or side effects? Glad you had it done or regrets about it? Any info you can share would be appreciated. Thanks :)

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• No I haven't had one but I'll be watching this thread. I have Endo as well as reoccuring cervical cancer. So a hyster is probably in my future as well.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009