What to do?

My daughter is 12m old we just had another baby. I was trying to get my 1 yr old off the bottle before her sister got here but it didnt work and now I feel bad doing it because she sees the baby with one and she doesnt understand that the baby gets one but she doesnt. She only gets them to go to sleep. Do you think I should still take it from her or wait a little longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put water in them and let her have them when she sleeps. They won't harm her teeth if it's just water.
    OR
    Stick to your guns and say no.
    But since she is still pretty much a baby herself and since she sees the baby with bottles, that second one will be very hard for you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Take it away and stick to what you say... give her bottles with water and switch her to milk in sippys that way she will be more inclinded to want the sippy. Good Luck and congrats on your baby!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• That's what I had to do with my son. Gave him only water in his bottle. Gave him his bottle whenever he wanted it but ONLY water. I would give him the sippy with milk and small amounts of juice in it. It took him a while but after about a week he preferred the sippy! Now I'm trying to break him of the sippy habit lol!
    manamott

Answer by manamott at 1:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well she will drink from the sippy just fine she has since she was 8m old but when she goes to sleep she wants the bottle and I do only put water in it.
    Anonymous

• It's a habit. Break it. Just take the bottle away.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009