Pains in my stomach

I have been having pains in my stomach for a week or so now i am 23 weeks and 4 days, they hurt more when i get up, roll, over, or sit the wrong way. I had my appt yesterday for the perintologist and have some soreness from that as well. I can't even sleep in my bed anymore i have to sleep on the couch a certain way because it hurts my back. I use a pillow on my stomach and all over my body but it hurts more on the bed and im like totally comfortable on the couch. So i was wondering at the pains ligiaments stretching or what is it????? im just asking if anyone has the same thing or these types of pains.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If this is your first pregnancy...even if it's not, it's perfectly normal to feel some discomfort. It could be a number of things, like stretching or the position of the baby. When i was pregnant with my son, I had this pain in my belly that lasted for the last few months. Sometimes it was just a mild ache, but sometimes it would be sharp. It ran across the entire length of my belly, near the top. As if the weight of the baby was pulling down on my muscles.

Bottom line is, if the doctor says everything is fine and what you're feeling is normal, then I wouldn't worry about it. Try a warm bath (if you can safetly get in and out of the tub) or a heating pad. A belly rub by your DH/SO may help too.
    MaryHatchet

Answer by MaryHatchet at 12:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• This is a normal part of pregnancy for alot of women. Your uterus is growing and your ligaments are stretching, so sharp pains are not a sign of anything going wrong. I would suggest you rest, and the pains will subside eventually, hopefully within a few days. Be sure to drin alot of fluids. I always tell my patients not to worry unless they have a gush of fluid, bloody show, or contraction every 10 minutes for an hour! So im sure you will be fine sweetheart, just hang in there!! Good luck!
    CNM518

Answer by CNM518 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009