HELP!

This is a difficult situation to explain. Basically, the man I am with and myself are both divorced and we each have 2 kids (joint custody in both cases). At the beginning of his divorce, his wife (who had multiple affairs) found out she was pregnant. After the baby was born, he had a paternity test done and the baby is his. The baby is 2-3 weeks old and he and his ex just decided to let him have the baby one evening a week without their two other children to let him bond (he missed out on the whole pregnancy thanks to her). He is very excited about him and I having time with the baby alone. He really wants me to be involved in his bonding time with the baby. The thought makes me a little uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

strong4mybabies

Asked by strong4mybabies at 12:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Trust your gut. If you have an uncomfortable feeling about it, don't do it. Trust your gut.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• ok this isnt that hard tell him how you fell even suggest that maybe you two should have one of your own so you both can experince that bond.. dont do anything that makes you fell strange ...
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Y R U uncomfortable? Too much too soon? If you don't want to play 'mom' to a baby that is not yours, and everything us just too new in your relationship, then you are doing the right thing.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 8:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009