I feel bad asking for hand me downs but..................

This is our third baby and all 's we have is a crib and I don't mind second hand stuff at all. So I posted a bulletin on MySpace to people i know if they have anything baby they don't need that we would SOOOOOOOO greatly appreciate it. Is that wrong of me to do? I mean our oldest is 9 and second is 7 in march so wwe really only have a crib. Was that wrong of me to ask or okay?

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why wouldn i be ok for you o ask for hand me downs??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Some people might think it's a little tacky, others might think it's really tacky, and others might say AWESOME...I know who to give all that crap I've been hoarding for year to.

You can't please everyone:) Hopefully you get what you need.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why would that be wrong?
    MrsBrintae

Answer by MrsBrintae at 12:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't see it as a bad thing. Money's tight for everyone right now. If you need something, there's nothing wrong with trying to get it free or cheaper before you go spend money you may/may not have on it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• perfectly ok also you may want to go to freecycle.org in your area and do a post there and also craigslist.com i have done this my self my daughter is 5 now so have nothing baby left and due in may lots of people have helped me they totally under stand
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i don't see a problem either. you do what you have to do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. Craigslist is a good place to post a little note, looking for___? There is also a lot of baby stuff on there you could buy very cheap. Bags of clothes, bouncers,boppy pillows. I have a wooden rocker up on Craigslist for sale. You should have a baby shower as well.
    thethrashersmom

Answer by thethrashersmom at 12:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• where are you located if you have a boy i got lots of clothing i was given by a friend i will not need i am located in north carolina
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It wasn't wrong at all. I think those people think of it as AWESOME!, hey ? i can be of help or my stuff will help somebody that needs it so it is going to a good cause, thinking hey? glad I kept it and now it is going to good use! instead of having it put up and getting old. Better yet, they will be more than happy to help you out and they will be giving it to somebody they know, a friend! What are friends for!
    my4kids123

Answer by my4kids123 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• go to freecycle.com - its a great sight ; this is my first baby and i have gotten alot of hand me downs ; its fine!!!! - but that website is great ; u type in ur area and u can either post things in which u wanna give away or look at things that u need ; but its all free.... i got alot of baby stuff and my friend who is having a baby just got a crib from someone ; :]
    Anonymous