I need help! Bottle problems

My 18 month old daughter will drink from a sippy cup during the day but at naptime and bedtime she only wants a bottle. I have tried putting her down with a sippy cup and she SCREAMS! And ideas on how I can make this transition easier on her and me?

BeckyO2001

Asked by BeckyO2001 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't have to get my babies off a bottle at night, but I did have to help them give up the binky. Here is what I tried with them....

**I waited until my little girl had a cold. She just didn't want it with a stuffy nose.

**I rearranged my son's nursery. We moved his crib, dressers, the works. He was so intrigued by the change, he forgort all about it!

Hope that helps you and your little one. Good luck!! : )
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• well when my oldest dd was lil she did the same thing but i just went cold trukey and let her cry it will be hard but hey it works .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My eldest DD I did cold turkey a month before she turned 1... Her little sister has been a bit harder, I started to give her only water in it then I'd take it away for a couple of days and make her have no choice but to have her sippy. Now she only needs it when she's in a unfamiliar situation or not feeling good.

I just let tell her that I don't know where her bottle is and she takes the sippy grudgingly, I think she's about ready for me to try her w/o for a while and see if she gets over it entirely. She'll scream ba-ba when she wants it so I'll know if it's done or not.
    Tempest41

Answer by Tempest41 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• try finding a sippy cup that almost like a bottle. the nuk and gerber sippy cup work the best and if she does start to cry don't give her the bottle because she will then know that she can get a bottle by crying.
    tookie345

Answer by tookie345 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009